We are living in a global migration crisis. Wars, economic instability, and even the consequences of climate change have pushed millions of people away from their homes in order to survive or seek new opportunities. In most cases, they must travel in precarious and dangerous conditions. Managing the reception of migrants has become one of the greatest challenges within our society.
Educational Material on Migration
We offer educators a series of activities that aim to delve into the scope of migration and facilitate the work on videos related to this topic. These activities can be adapted for your individual needs and are mainly intended for 12 to 18 year olds.CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO PREVIEW THE CONTENT
Tips on Using the Material
All the material is for public use and is proposed as a set of activities that are easy to carry out in different spaces and moments. At the end of each activity, you will find a box with ideas and discussion topics to help you get more out of the proposal. However, our goal is to offer a variety of activities for educators to adapt to their own needs and possibilities.
It is recommended to watch some of the beats on the scope of end of life care and palliatives before doing the activities.
- To build an overview of the phenomenon of migration in our society
- To analyze the media portrayal of the migration phenomenon
- To provide a gender perspective on the reality of migration
- To address and humanize the different social realities and to share experiences and opinions
- To be conscious of our responsibility for the reality the migrants and refugees face
- To know possible actions of involvement in our environment, through projects of service learning and community service
- Competence in linguistic communication
- Information processing and digital competence
- Citizen and social competence
- Cultural and artistic competence
- Competence for learning to learn
- Autonomy and personal initiative