Living on the street is the result of a number of circumstances from which anyone could suffer: exclusion from the labor market, deterioration of social support networks, loss of resources, illness…Consequently, nobody is exempt from suffering a situation of residential exclusion.
Educational Material on Homelessness
We offer educators a series of activities that aim to delve into the scope of homelessness and facilitate the work on videos related to this topic. These activities can be adapted for your individual needs and are mainly intended for 12 to 18 year olds.CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO PREVIEW THE CONTENT
Tips on Using the Material
All the material is for public use and is proposed as a set of activities that are easy to carry out in different spaces and moments. At the end of each activity, you will find a box with ideas and discussion topics to help you get more out of the proposal. However, our goal is to offer a variety of activities for educators to adapt to their own needs and possibilities.
It is recommended to watch some of the beats on the scope of end of life care and palliatives before doing the activities.
- To build an overview of the phenomenon of homelessness in our society.
- To analyze the causes, consequences, and methods of intervention in this area.
- To address and humanize the different social realities, through sharing experiences and opinions.
- To take conscious responsibility of the reality of homelessness
- To know possible actions of involvement in our environment, through projects of service learning and community service.
- Competence in linguistic communication
- Information processing and digital competence
- Citizen and social competence
- Cultural and artistic competence
- Competence for learning to learn
- Autonomy and personal initiative