Disability is a situation that results from permanent deficiencies and any type of barriers that limit or prevent full participation and equal opportunity with the rest of society.
Educational Material on Disability
We offer educators a series of activities that aim to delve into the scope of disability and facilitate the work on videos related to this topic. These activities can be adapted for your individual needs and are mainly intended for 12 to 18 year olds.CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO PREVIEW THE CONTENT
Tips on Using the Material
All the material is for public use and is proposed as a set of activities that are easy to carry out in different spaces and moments. At the end of each activity, you will find a box with ideas and discussion topics to help you get more out of the proposal. However, our goal is to offer a variety of activities for educators to adapt to their own needs and possibilities.
It is recommended to watch some of the beats on the scope of end of life care and palliatives before doing the activities.
- To recognize the ways in which we think about and perceive intellectual disability
- To reflect on the importance of language in certain areas and to learn about concepts such as functional diversity
- To address and humanize different social realities and to share experiences and opinions
- To share reflections and relationships with disabled people in everyday life
- To know possible actions of involvement in our environment, through projects of service learning and community service
- Competence in linguistic communication
- Information processing and digital competence
- Citizen and social competence
- Cultural and artistic competence
- Competence for learning to learn
- Autonomy and personal initiative