Age, illness, or other circumstances may limit the autonomy of some people, either temporarily or permanent, creating the need for special care. Attention to people in situations of dependence is one of the greatest challenges in our society, due to the demographic and social changes of recent years.
Educational Material on Dependency and the Elderly
We offer educators a series of activities that aim to delve into the scope of the elderly and dependency and facilitate the work on videos related to this topic. These activities can be adapted for your individual needs and are mainly intended for 12 to 18 year olds.CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO PREVIEW THE CONTENT
Tips on Using the Material
All the material is for public use and is proposed as a set of activities that are easy to carry out in different spaces and moments. At the end of each activity, you will find a box with ideas and discussion topics to help you get more out of the proposal. However, our goal is to offer a variety of activities for educators to adapt to their own needs and possibilities.
It is recommended to watch some of the beats on the scope of end of life care and palliatives before doing the activities.
- To know the reality of older people that live in our society
- To approach the concept of dependency
- To analyze the difficulties and needs of this sector of the population
- To end existing stereotypes regarding senior citizens and the elderly
- To challenge the reasons for one´s own behaviors toward the elderly
- To be conscious of our own responsibility for the reality of the lives of the elderly in our area
- To be aware of service learning projects with senior citizens to recognize the possibility of youth and the elderly doing things together
- Competence in linguistic communication
- Information processing and digital competence
- Citizen and social competence
- Cultural and artistic competence
- Competence for learning to learn
- Autonomy and personal initiative